Monday, March 31, 2008

Y (Did I Go?) Conference

What a boring FN conference! No wonder why the world will die from global warming. I couldn't help from falling asleep. From day 1 to almost the end of day 3 (i couldn't last another hour). Well, going out every night didn't help. Thanks Club Confidential!

How do you make this topic compelling for people, including myself, and get them involved? The best slogan was "Save the Earth, Kill Yourself!". Funny, but extreme enough thats memorable to perhaps get people thinking. I really don't know... I honestly don't know if I care. At this time money is all the green I know. Selfish but true. I know there are a few of you on the same boat. This conference had TMI and speakers who should not speak. The message, however, is clear that this is something that will require some thinking. So I don't know what I'm gonna do, yet. Important word "yet".

Things that stuck out: Great bookstore (bought 10 new books!), MC was funny and said "Shit" a lot, the manure guy will be filthy rich, the Art Center guy is cool, the Zipcar lady is genius weird, and the Satellite Lounge(get work done and tune out if the topic is too unsustainable). The best was at 6 am when my cousin sleepwalked out of the hotel room, entered the elevator, went downstairs then woke up in a t-shirt, black briefs and tube socks. Needless to say he found his way back to our room and went back to sleep... Thanks Tony for the laugh!

In the theme of recycling we created a new pitch that was more green:
JOVEN OROZCO DESIGN - CREATED TO CREATIVELY CREATE CREATIVES CREATING CREATIONS BY STRATEGIST STRATEGICALLY STRATEGIZING STRATEGIC STRATEGIES THAT VISUALIZE VISIONARIES VISIONS VISUALLY.

1 comment:

lumba design said...

what are you talking about? those two guys in the middle picture look like they're entertaining speakers.

so if you are creatively creating creatives, does that mean that there is some sort of propagation happening in your firm?

i like the new tag line...it is in the spirit of "reduce, reuse, recycle."