Sunday, March 23, 2008

OC Ad Awards

I don't know why advertising people are portrayed on film and television as snobby and pretentious. I went to the Orange County Ad Awards yesterday and I was treated with the upmost respect. Even when I walked in on the red carpet with an orange tuxedo. I was an Addy virgin and everyone was so nice to welcome me. Much to my delight our firm won the Gold ADDY Award for the 3-D Single Direct Marketing category! This was great for it was our first year to enter and this was the only thing we entered! The piece that won was a brochure/direct mailer for El Rey Theatre run by Goldenvoice, an Anschutz Entertainment Group company. We wanted to create an intimate piece that not only touched on the history and heritage but the new amenities Goldenvoice has spent the last few years improving for this great venue. We love Goldenvoice and the trusted freedom. I'm really happy with the final result and the accolades we have been receiving. Thanks to the Orange County ad community and Main Graphics who printed the piece and paid for my way.

4 comments:

lumba design said...

congratulations on the award! wow, a gold addy. that's something to be proud of.

uu said...

Congrats!!

Nice Tux Joven!

Janey Saavedra said...

Hey Joven! Way to go! Congrats. I am your newest fan for your fine work!

Sean Carter said...

I do remember seeing you there, don't remember seeing you there this year.